Saturday, 5 November 2011

Well hello dear stranger :)

Well, I have quite some to say, so I don't even know where to begin! Ha ha! I'm sorry if i forget something, but it would just be so like me.

Anyway, I read these verses and thought it's so nice to know, because sometimes we just tend to forget that no matter what God loves and protects us and that whatever happens in our lives, He plans it and He sees the bigger picture, while we might not.

Psalm 121:7 
7The LORD will keep you from all evil;
   he will keep your life.



Jeremiah 19:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

 I know these verses are quite well-known, but that doesn't take away the beauty that they hold.

 On Thursday we went to an orphanage, Oosterland Youth Center in Despatch, with the hostel. All the Gr.8's and 9's went (I'm gr.9) and we took them these cute home-made purse things and muffins. We played all kinds of games with them and they responded really well and it was great! Our housemother at the hostel, who arranged all of this, says that we're going to make this a tradition each term, and that each grade will get a different house to which they will go each time.
At the orphanage they explained what they do and why the children are there and such. All of the children - from babies till 18 yrs old - are placed there by the court because their living conditions are unacceptable for whatever reason, whether it's that there's no food or because they're abused. They stay there for two years and then their situation is reassessed. 


To get back to the present, we got a new kitten today, a cute ginger one. I think we've named her Cinnamon, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. I think the name is cute, but it's too long, but whatever, that's just my opinion. Our other cat, Pixie, isn't taking very well to Cinnamon. I hope it goes better soon. :)
That reminds me, I haven't described my family yet! Well there is my dad, Phillip, mom, Sue, little sister, Lauren (12) and me Emma (15). We have one dog (we used to have two, but about 3 weeks ago Barney, our Jackrussel,  died :( ... He was about 13), Shadow, a sheepdog. We also have two cats, Pixie and Cinnamon. We got Cinnamon, because earlier in the year our other cat, Jessie, died. She was maybe 16, 17? Something like that. 
Oh, and my sister has a goldfish, Beef. And yes, he is crazy.


So there is this guy ... I don't think I like him. To be honest, I have no idea what I feel! It's all so confusing! Ugh! 
I've felt something for him since I met him last year. He is one year older than me and absolutely gorgeous! Light blue eyes and dark hair. The perfect combination! He is a Christian, popular, good rugby player and clever enough. He is also extremely funny! 
Firstly, I must explain that he has many family problems that I'm not actually supposed to know about, but I have my ways of finding things out. I'm okay with his issues. I actually wish we were close enough that we could talk about these thing openly. I want his opinion on so many things about God and Christianity and spreading the gospel.
I have zero idea what he feels for me, and I think it chop 'n changes just as mine for him do. We aren't really close friends, but slowly but surely we've been getting to know each other better. I'm not exactly sure I like who I am now seeing. 
I was sitting with him Thursday morning when he was learning for maths that he was going to write in an hour maybe? Well, he was swearing quite some and was really racist. Living in South Africa, racism is nothing new to me and neither is swearing, but that definitely doesn't mean I accept either of them! I'm not yet myself enough in front of him so say anything and he was really stressed, so I let it slide. Yes, I do regret it. Don't rub it in! :)
After the exam, my friend and I walked toward him and he was listening to music with earphones in his ears and his head down, so I guessed that it hadn't gone too well. I was right. I tried to talk to him and he just walked on. I felt to bad for him and I knew that he wasn't going to talk, because he probably wanted to cry. (All the Gr.10's said the exams was deadly). I understand that. I accept it. What I am upset about it the following.
I later sent him a BBM on my friend's  phone saying how it's going to be okay, there's another maths exam next week, I'll be praying for you and such thing. He didn't even reply. No jokes. I know he received and read it, because on BBM the little "r" shows when someone has read the message. 
I haven't seen him since, because that afternoon him and the rest of the rugby sevens team flew to Johannesburg for the finals and whatnot. I know I should just forgive and forget, but he really hurt me, because I reached out to him, tried to be supportive and he didn't even say thank you. Boys. Ick.


But oh, well. I know whatever happens will be God's will. Maybe He wants me to get over him.


Well until nest time, let God's grace fill you life!
xx Emma


PS. Sorry if the post is EXTREMELY long. Tee hee